Sunday, February 25, 2007

A New Bag

Trying to decide if I want to carry this one. The fun thing about making purses is you always have something new and different to carry. I handpainted the flap fabric quite awhile ago, then found that I had some nice thick uphostery-weight brown dotted fabric which looked good with that light seafoam blue-green color. The buckle is rosewood, I think, and maybe a bit too warm a brown for the rest of the purse?
Anyway, I heard back from First2Print and the person who contacted me was wonderful! Her name is Michele Lowell and her email she was very friendly and informative. They can print runs as small as one to three yards, all to your specifications, on all types of fabrics. The price then depends on whether you want washable fabric, type of material, etc. She seemed very oriented to working with artists on small projects which need to be done quickly. I don't know why this has me so jazzed, with all there is to do already. I've said it before and I'll say it again: how does a person EVER get bored on this planet? I'm loving life today.

1 comment:

Laurie G. said...

Love the new bag. I actually like the lighter wood with the darker brown-- looks like it picks up the polka dot color nicely. Bravo my friend!

Keep us posted further on the fabric design. That sounds VERY cool.