Friday, February 23, 2007

Just a doodle from my journal



No text, just scribbles. I made the left page one day, the right page the next. I may go back in and journal a bit, but something about the way these two pages seem to talk to each other tells me to maybe leave them alone. Anyway, tonight is the second time in a month or so that I was rescued by an angel in the guise of an ordinary person, in this case my neighbor. Just when I was thinking about throwing together some dinner and getting the apartment neatened up, the door bell rang. Carol invited my three restless kids out for a walk to the playground, then later to all get some dinner at Hangtown Grill nearby. Translated: 45 minutes of blessed peace and silence, time to put myself together, et voila: fish tacos, cheese pizza and french fries prepared just for us! As I looked around the patio, for it's a gorgeous night and we were able to dine alfresco, I took in the balmy night air, the other families out for Friday night dinner and a friendly, happy basketball team celebrating a win. I enjoyed a chat with Carol and my children. Simple pleasures. Note to self: must get out more.

No comments: