Monday, February 12, 2007



It won't be long before my website www.sweetboo.com launches! After all the work and planning it's so much fun to see it actually start to take shape. I had no idea how much work it would entail. I thought the challenge would be amassing enough handmade things to justify an online boutique, but in reality the real work was in the screwy little details. For example, yesterday I went to download the font I liked, then spent the next hour learning all about zip files and how to extract them using freeware by Big Speed Zipper (liked the name), which wasn't really that dificult until it came time to actually finding the file to upload to my fonts file. Ick. It's tedious stuff like that which wastes hours in a perfectly good afternoon when I could be sewing something pretty. Truth is this: my wonderful web designer Beth Sams Been has done the real work of making my website. She's a whiz kid at this and has done many Austin artists' and bands' websites as well as the Texas Rollergirls site. You can see her other work at www.grooveefortune.com Beth is an artist herself and she had some helpful and creative input on the design while allowing me to steer it in the direction of my original concept. Meanwhile, I post a photo of a new little wristlet I made in celebration of the "fun" parts.

No comments: