Wednesday, February 07, 2007


Handmade valentines are the only kind, in my book. the surest way to guarantee you receive some is to join a valentine swap. Clever, isn't it? I've already received one from The Netherlands (lucky me). Mine went out a few hours ago. Yes, I used those plastic melty beads you get in buckets of 6000 for the kiddies to iron into shapes. I can't bear to sit and watch the kids have all the fun. I sewed the heart shapes onto magenta silk, then tulle, then purple metallic vinyl and stitched on words like "lover," "sweetheart," and "flame." I backed it with a favorite (loud) vintage fabric. Made with love for one friend and nine complete strangers. I heart swaps.

2 comments:

Laurie G. said...

Hooray, I got mine yesterday. Was so happy to see you got my name (lucky me)! Love the fuse beads (I save some of my kids' creations and had been wondering how to incorporate them. Brilliant!)

Karen Jinks said...

I got mine this morning, clever use of the hama beads, love it - thank you!