Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Trick Horses, BBQ and Mexican weaving





My friend Mary fell in love with a horse a few years ago. She had taken her son out to Red Horse Ranch to take some riding lessons and ended up on a horse called Monet. True love. She invited the kids and me out to the ranch for dinner, music, and a short program featuring two amazing horses and their owners Alan and Sue. I'd never seen horses perform in such a way at close range. Their beauty, intelligence and sensitivity was tempered with a wildness I don't see every day. Now I know why Mary loves it out there. Meanwhile, there was a gentleman there selling imported Mexican woven goods which captured my son Willie's attention. All the other kids were playing in the dirt and petting the horses while Willie looked through rugs and pillowcases on the porch -- truly his mother's son.

No comments: