Sunday, July 12, 2009

Woof.


Red Rover in my weedy garden


The first day of Art Fiber Fest I taught some other artists how to make a quilted creature. Everyone brought in a picture of their favorite animal and I showed them how to soft sculpt muslin and poly-fil with string into a form. Then the long task of quilting began.

Four of the six women finished the patchwork (after hours), but they all seemed to have fun. In any case, their animals were amazing and like nothing I expected!
I made "Red Rover" with the intention of a German Shepherd. But instead it looks like a mutt of some sort. He's a good dog.

3 comments:

Lori S-C said...

still working on the schnauzer. I should not have made him larger than life!

Lori S-C said...

spend about 5 hours working on the schnauzer yesterday while picking up kid #2 from camp! two more paws, a tail and the ears to go, and she/he will be done!
oh, itmay need a collar too. think I'll hang one of those little wooden AFF things from the collor like a tag!

Unknown said...

Oh, Lori, I can't wait to see it. I used one of Nikki's(I think) felted rounds as a tag and hung it from an old chunky necklace chain.