Friday, July 17, 2009

A New Fabric Store!


Oh, happy day! My life changed today; FINALLY!... a place to pick up a spool of Mettler thread without driving 25 miles into Austin!

Boy, have we needed (well, okay, I needed) a fabric store out here in west Austin area... and now it's here -- The Cotton Cupboard just opened in Lakeway right near my gym. I'm delighted with the place already! Gorgeous fabrics (that you can't get at Joannes and Hancock), lots of natural light, and a huge work/classroom in the back.

I checked their website and they will be selling long arm machines and holding quilt classes for kids and adults. The owner Jessica gave me two free fat quarters with the purchase of seven today. I don't know if that's the regular deal or just a grand opening sale, but if you're anywhere nearby -- and passionate about yummy fabrics -- you gotta stop.

The pics don't do my new little stack of fat quarters justice, but Flickr toys helped me create my picture quilt. I'm going to make a new doll. Maybe I'll make one for the owner of my new favorite shop...just to show my gratitude! And I know I'm not the only one!

No comments: