Thursday, January 24, 2008

Vest to Jacket




Ok, A friend asked me (a year ago) to sew sleeves on her embroidered vest which she purchased in Saudi Arabia many years ago. She even gave me the fabric for the sleeves. Try as I might, even after many episodes of Project Runway, I could not find the inspiration to complete this simple task. I thought maybe I should add a collar with the same material so that the sleeves wouldn't seem too loud. But then again, maybe the patchwork look wasn't quite right. I finally decided to just put three-quarter length skinny bell sleeves on it so she could wear it over a turtleneck or collared shirt. The truth is, my friend is a tall, very slender, very hip chick and if anyone could pull this off it would be her! I can't wait to catch her wearing it. I'm returning it today, after looking at it on my mannequin for over a year. Yippee!

1 comment:

Ski said...

What a beautiful jacket (formerly vest). I'm sure your friend will enjoy wearing this wonderful creation. Way to go!