Sunday, January 13, 2008

Finally sitting down to my computer again!

Okay, that's a bit of a stretch. But really I haven't done any more than check emails and write press releases for my volunteer organizations since about my last post. So Happy New Year! I am updating www.jenmcgahan.com, which will now be my doll website exclusively. After cleaning up all the other crafty things in it, I decided to focus on just two websites, the first being that one because I have a lot of fresh new stuff to put in its galleries and also because it's really easy to update. If you are looking for a web building site I have to recommend itsmysite. Not only is it easy to use, but it's relatively inexpensive, you have a lot of options for customization and and I think it looks pretty nice once you get the hang of designing with it.

The next job i need to tackle is getting something up on Sweetboo. The craft shows last year were a lot of fun for me, but also a lot of physical work and time away from home. I'm hoping to get this stuff onto that storefront before too long and be able at least show it in a pretty way online. I think I began that website in the first place because I wanted a site which would support Paypal and a merchant credit card account, but also so that I could learn Dreamweaver and built a more interesting site. Ha -- here it is a year later and still no working site. My web designer has laid the foundations for me and my job is to play around with her building blocks and get something together myself. At least that was my plan. Beth has been a big help in that regard. She offered to teach me web design to get me started and I did actually make a page or two. I hope I haven;t forgotten how to do it. I've already invested a bit of time and money, so I should probably make that a priority.

I won't go into all my other new year's goals, but hopefully I can cross a few from my list.

No comments: