Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Patterns



I think there is a quilt in my future. I keep coming back to the idea of making some patterns for fabric and think it would be fun not only to try to make a repeating pattern on Photoshop based on land views from the sky, but also to quilt some areal views of fields of crops. Who know if I'll ever get around to it, the way things go, but at least if I say it out loud or write it down there's a chance.

K and I are planning a trip to Chicago for a visit to the American Girl Store. I'll have to get K to take some shots from the plane window, since of course she'll get the window seat. As much as she is looking forward to this trip I think I can convince her to duck inside the Chicago Art Institute for a few hours and maybe a museum or two. I know there is a doll gallery in Chicago, the Hellman Gallery which houses dolls by some artists whose work I love. I've only seen most dolls in books and the internet.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting away with just my daughter. It's a bittersweet thing watching kids grow. On the one hand I loved them small and cuddly. On the other hand it's nice that they're getting old enough to travel. I hope soon we can take them around a bit.

No comments: