Tuesday, April 01, 2008

If a five year old boy with a broken arm can do it...

My son has been bringing home the sweetest little handmade pillows from school. It's his last year at a very traditional Montessori school and his high spirits have caused him some frustration there, so next year he'll be at a "mainstream" (as some Montessori parents call it) and strongly academic Kindergarten. Since he broke his arm a few weeks ago I wasn't sure how his final months of school would go and what work he would choose. I could just imagine the havoc he'd wreak with a maddening and debilitating cast on his arm. But NO! Lo and behold he's been stitching and sewing up a storm, with perfectly tiny and even stitches, just like the most patient and clever student EVER to grace the halls of that school. I just love these things. His face is beaming like a headlight every time he emerges from the classroom with a new pillow. He is right proud of his stitchin' self. So am I.

No comments: