Monday, September 17, 2007

First Art Show!!!


I'm beside myself tonight. I opened up an email from the Austin Museum of Art Holiday Art Festival to find I was accepted into the show! Having never been in a real art show I'm pretty much freaking out. Of course I tried to call all my family and no one answered their phone (isn't that always the case when you really want to SHARE) so this will have to be my official announcement: please come to Laguna Gloria for the AMOA Holiday Art Festival December 1 and 2, 2007!

So here's the thing. I thought it was such a long shot that I'm not even sure which three photos I submitted. They were all dolls, but now I wonder if I need to stay on target with the style of those particular dolls or if I can play with some new ideas I have. For example, if I submitted dolls with all fiber heads, should I keep making fiber heads for the show or can I make paper heads? The fact is for the next two months I'm going to be making dolls dolls dolls. It's always what I've wanted to try: just focus on my dolls for awhile -- and now I have a reason to do just that. Dolls are a strange niche. I'm hoping I can represent myself and the art museum in the best light possible. What's really important to me is to do what I'm meant to do and reach the people I'm meant to reach with my art. Whew! I really can't wait to work through these next two months.

1 comment:

Laurie G. said...

Wow Jen, fantastic news! Sounds like it's meant to be, the perfect thing at the perfect time. You are so deserving, and I'm sure any direction you take it will be a hit. Can't wait to see pics over the coming months. Do share!! xo --L.