Monday, September 03, 2007

Back with more leather bags




















The computers and the router haven't been playing nicely this week. You all know how frustrating it can be to have no access to the web. A voluntary blackout can be heaven for your mind and spirit, but when you want/need to be online, say for example during the first week of school when teachers are emailing and calendars are posted and the general buzz is just starting back up, well, no-contact can be very bad. On top of all that I wanted to post pictures of these little bags I made with the leather Goodwill coat. I used Aunt Nevada's cool purple brooch on the clutch above, and some sticks I painted red on the tiny bag at the top. The white leather coat is pretty much done for now, although I may be able to squeeze out one more little thing if I cut creatively.

I love the new school year. Second only to November my favorite month is September. I find the beginning of the school year (even if I'm not the one going back to school) is a renewal of purpose for me. Getting back to the grindstone, I find I have stores of energy which were lacking throughout the summer. Some people feel that way in the spring, with the rebirth of life in nature all around them. Me, I just want to play and drink margaritas when the weather starts getting friendly in March. (Remember this is Texas.) It's when the heat starts to break and the kids go back to classes that I start feeling new again. I have a lot I want to accomplish this year so I hope this feeling lasts.

I just joined Jazzercise again after about 18 years. They still do grapevine and all the other dance moves, as well as some "new" moves from kickboxing and pilates. The high energy, loud music, and friendly ladies are what I remembered and liked best about the program and all that's just the same. I love it -- such a retro way to exercise. But now with Michael Buble and Rihanna on the ipod.

No comments: