Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Great Trade!


Check out the trade I made last week! A sculptor of faces [Diane Briegleb] commented on one of my box dolls and I offered to send it to her. She agreed to send me a face or two in return. And look what she sent me!

Here's what she wrote:

"I am an old woman of 75 years and I have done my faces for at least 30 years...I have been inspired by all the wonderful things people have done with her. Your piece really touched me as over the years there have been times when I have felt like I was in a room with no dorrs or no windows. And so your lovely doll really struck a note with me. I hope my pieces will bring inspiration. I am happy to be part of such creativity that I have seen over the years, and I am bonded to each thing that others do."

So now I will need to step up my efforts and make a doll or two that are worthy of such fine craftsmanship as Diane's faces. What an honor!

3 comments:

gardendaylily said...

Welcome back.... I've missed you.

Karen in Michigan

gardendaylily said...

Welcome back... I've missed you.

gardendaylily said...

Welcome back... I've missed you.
Karen in Michigan