Saturday, May 23, 2009

Life is Sweet...


...even when there are axes to grind.

I can hardly believe no one would want this lovely quilt hanging on his wall. It's called "Easy Money: Love, the Federal Reserve" one of 5 quilts I had in a show at Copper Shade Tree Gallery in February of this year. And here's what the gallery owner wrote in his note when he returned them: "Thank you for participating in the show. We are sending all five quilts back to you."

Ah, the life of an artist. Actually I'm grinning as I write this. The truth is I don't mind that none of my quilts sold (I admit they're a little edgy); I'm just glad to have an outlet to play. I know there are some of you out there who can appreciate that pretty soon our money will be worth more sewn into blankets.

Since receiving my quilts back from the show, and with the upcoming ArtFiberFest in Portland, I'm actually beginning to feel my creative juices swirling around again. Whew. For a few months there, I thought they were gone forever.

No comments: