Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Prayers for my country



Freedom, the most precious gift I ever received from my country; and I never had to do anything special to acquire it! I pray that my children will not have tasted freedom just to lose it. I would almost rather they had never known it than to have to answer to them someday why we let it slip away from us.

Regardless of how this election day ends, I can't help feeling deeply sad that the next generation will have to fight (like I never had to) for their liberty.

God has His arms around us, though. I am certain that He only wants us to come to know Him and His creation. From the beginning, God gave us freedom...and we don't need anyone else to either prove or disprove this fact. In the end, politics are not important, except in the way they reveal our character and our choices. No matter who we vote for, we are all on the hook for the outcome.

God Bless the USA.

No comments: